Sunday, March 8, 2015

Posted by Unknown Posted on 5:23 PM | 2 comments

An Ode to Wire Wrapping

So I was thinking poetically recently about what it means to be a wire wrapper and how I get lost in the wonder of the stones, beads and wire. How we as people can create such beautiful and awe inspiring jewelry from what nature and the almighty has provided, which can take us away to far away lands, times or places of fantasy and mirth. So, I came up with a little poetry to express my thoughts.

An Ode to Wire Wrapping

Wire is my only true passion.
Wearing beads and metal with exuberant pride,
it certainly makes me incredibly happy inside,
letting stones and gems become my fashion.

Creations from my heart to my hand,
come forth dreams of green Malachite,
and hidden treasures in my mind of, oh, so sultry Labradorite,
wrap and link, mysterious wire demands.

That handcrafted jewelry unfolds,
those strange weavings through strife,
to adorn that beautiful neck and lobes,
and with great effort comes to life.

For those who so much do agree,
that wire wrapped jewelry holds true,
our wonder of things unknown but new,
like the pattern of a leaf on a newly budded tree.

So with much shouting and wailing,
I do boldly profess my love,
for those shiny sparkly things we find most of,
wire wrapped jewelry with it's ever clever unveiling.



All righty then, that's food for thought, Hey!..that reminds me, it's dinner time and I'm starting to get hungry.Onward to the kitchen and sandwich. AWAY!!!!











2 comments :

  1. This is truly beautiful!!! I am definitely a subscriber as of NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne O'Mullan! Sorry I missed this comment somehow & just now got it. I really appreciate your very kind words :)

    ReplyDelete

  • What we do...

    Adams Handcrafted Jewelry specializes in wire-wrapped jewelry. I bend it, weave it, and twist it with an emphasis on movement,and flow creating one-of-a-kind pieces. All of my Jewelry is handmade using stone, semi-precious gemstone or glass bead inclusions and accents picked with care. Each piece exhibits a deep appreciation for the handcrafted cabochons I use along with the rich depths of copper or fine silver wire wrapping designed for each piece.
  • Total Pageviews

  • Copyright Adams Handcrafted Jewelry 2014. Powered by Blogger.