Thursday, February 19, 2015

Posted by Unknown Posted on 5:45 PM | No comments

Write Up on Jewelry Making Journal .com




Hi all,
So my wife has been canvassing the Internet looking at jewelry websites for design inspiration and happened to run across jewelrymakingjournal.com and was moved to contact the site owner about my jewelry making efforts. The site owner, Rena Klingenberg was most gracious in her assessment of my jewelry and offered to post a short article on how I got started along with a few photos of my work. I don't really think my work is good enough for such a venue, and I said so to my wife before she and Ms.Klingenberg  posted the article that I wrote up. I just don't feel like I'm on the same level as most other great jewelry artists out there, but I had to defer to her rantings about my talent as I shoved a finger in each ear while shaking my head.

That being said, I want to thank all of those who commented about my jewelry on this website,  and as always, I welcome constructive criticism which only helps me to get better.

I, also, want to thank my wife (Michelle Adams) for her tireless efforts in promoting my work, answering emails, responding to Facebook posts and posting on my behalf on other sites like Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter, tracking down cabochons, shipping/tracking sold items and every other small thing she does on a daily basis. I wouldn't have come so far, so fast without her.

As time goes on, I hope to get better and perhaps turn this into a full time job once I retire from my day job, but for now I will continue to make jewelry as time permits....and of course I won't quit my day job just yet, as I really don't want to be a starving artist at this early stage of the game.

For those interested in a quick read, here is the link to the article.

Self-Taught Jewelry Artist Inspired by Deviant Art

If you have some time, check out all this website has to offer, as there are a lot of great articles along with a ton of jewelry making information.

Until next time, Happy weaving!
Daryl



0 comments :

Post a Comment

  • What we do...

    Adams Handcrafted Jewelry specializes in wire-wrapped jewelry. I bend it, weave it, and twist it with an emphasis on movement,and flow creating one-of-a-kind pieces. All of my Jewelry is handmade using stone, semi-precious gemstone or glass bead inclusions and accents picked with care. Each piece exhibits a deep appreciation for the handcrafted cabochons I use along with the rich depths of copper or fine silver wire wrapping designed for each piece.
  • Total Pageviews

  • Copyright Adams Handcrafted Jewelry 2014. Powered by Blogger.